- The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable.
- It is the common error of Socialists to overlook the natural indolence of mankind; their tendency to be passive, to be the slaves of habit, to persist indefinitely in a course once chosen.
--John Stuart Mill
- Money is like muck, not good except it be spread.
- Birth and wealth are conferred on some men as imperiously by nature, as genius, strength, or beauty.
- 95% of Economics is common sense deliberately made complicated.
David Coates argues that to win again the US centre-left must build broad class alliances that include the white poor.
A look at new data that confirms that liberals tend to be keener on health related nudges than conservatives.
How an online experiment confirms Kahneman and Tversky's findings on the framing effect.
Jeremy Stangroom looks at the curious case of the nudge that attracted the ire of the British police.
Donald Hirsch cautions against recklessness in the move to a "real living wage" policy.
Dan Hough on cultures of corruption, and how rule changes, in and of themselves, are not enough.