- The great virtue of a free market system is that it..is the most effective system we have discovered to enable people who hate one another to deal with one another and help one another.
- 95% of Economics is common sense deliberately made complicated.
- In the 1980s capitalism triumphed over communism. In the 1990s it triumphed over democracy and the market economy.
- As with the Christian religion, the worst advertisement for Socialism is its adherents.
- He will always be a slave, who does not know how to live upon a little.
How an online experiment confirms Kahneman and Tversky's findings on the framing effect.
Jeremy Stangroom on how information might function to undermine rational autonomy.
In his paper "Which Nudges Do People Like?", Cass R. Sunstein reports on some interesting data about how the United States public views the practice of nudging.
Max Burton-Chellew argues that the evidence that humans are specially altruistic does not stand up.
How and why human beings tend to go wrong.
Constantine Sandis and Nassim N Taleb on how to think about risk, harm and having skin in the game.